Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 + 1 year anniversary

Hey everyone!

This will be short, sweet and not entertaining, and I apologize. This post is primarily for my own purposes.

But a happy one year birthday to my dear blog, it has done me well as a New Year's Resolution--I'll resolve this year to keep it up. Special thanks to all my strange (seriously your taste must be strange if you're reading this. . .) yet hearty readers who have battled with me through flighty hiatuses, capricious ramblings and terribly non-amusing posts. I truly adore you and respect your ability to follow such a poorly maintained blog! That takes chutzpah, I'm sure. Thank you all and I wish you a happy 2011!

Anyways, 2010 can be summed up in one word for me: Memories. It was the year that I got into college, the year I had my senior prom, the year I graduated, the year I moved into college. It was a year centered on creating a palpable taste of sweet nostalgia and for that reason, I think I'll always miss it. Granted, it was a year for change, but that change was incurred by hard work done outside of 2010: school work, college apps, growing up--those were all things that I finished in 2009.

And now, 2010 has finished with a beautiful bang of old friends and bacchanalia. And I think that many of us will miss it.

But for now, I know that I want 2011 to be summed up as this: growth. While 2010 was a year of memories, it was also a year of (rightly earned, but still horrible) slacking. And I can't do that anymore. With 2011 will come discipline and hard work, and, in return, growth.

This year is about pushing myself away from sniffing roses and instead on hiking onwards down the path. Towards who the hell knows what. But here's hoping it will bring me another patch of roses later on. Another 2010 later on.

xoxo 2010, I will quite tangibly miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you have to say?