Friday, May 7, 2010

currently: shat

That's right L's and G's, I've been fiddling without this layout shat for a while and this in your face monochrome style is tickling my fancy right now, so I'm gonna stick with it. . .for now.

(FYI this post is going to go in two directions right now, and I'll explain myself in a sec)

1.) The theme for the layout was inspired by this webpage http://www.whatthefuckshouldimakefordinner.com/ which absolutely made me want to vomit with awe. I don't know if you've ever felt a feeling like that. . .but basically it's when you admire something so much--when something is so incredibly unique and perfect--that you just want to burst, and the closest thing to a human being actually bursting is. . .well vomiting. Or spontaneous combustion, but who are we kidding here?

2.) About the "stick with it. . .for now" part of the opening sentence of this post: I have problems focusing. No seriously. I started this sentence about 30 minutes ago, and here I am (seriously 45 minutes later now, haha I stopped in the middle of a sentence this time) finishing it. The premise of this blog was to give me an exercise on working that comical gland (it didn't work, fyi) and was just about things that I loved, no personal commentary really. And now it's all just personal commentary!

So I apologize. I think I might either have a slight case of ADHD or I'm just easily overstimulated. Either way college is gonna be one tough cookie. (where did that phrase even come from, why not tough meat? or celery?)

But in returning to normal posting:

1. Tuna Sandwiches
      Today, I had a craving for a tuna sandwich. So I had to make one. No, you guys don't understand, when that kind of plate-tectonic-esque craving pulses through your body, you just have to eat it. Here's how dedicated I was to eating that sandwich: I drove all the way to Walmart (6 minutes, haha) just to buy the smallest jar of mayo in the store. Because I actually kind of hate mayonnaise, except the universal truth in making a premium tuna sandwich is that you kind of need to glob in the mayo, or else it's just celery and tuna and then you feel like a skinny bitch. Which means you don't eat well. And I eat well. If by well you mean a lot.
      So basically what I'm trying to say is this: my dinner tonight was great, up yours!

2. Staying Up Really Late Just For the Heck of It
        It is currently 1:01 on a SCHOOL NIGHT! I know, I'm so fuckin B.A. that 15 year old me would be in shock right now. (The former part of the sentence was an exaggeration/hyperbole, whereas the latter half of the sentence is actually probably true. 15 year old me would be conked out right now.) It's not cause I'm doing anything, homework is sparse during AP testing season and whoreallycaresI'masenioranyways. Instead, I just practice for summer.
       AKA, I watch How I Met Your Mother, listen to music, drink lotsa water and go running for 9:30 to 10:30 PM (primarily because I don't wanna get funky tan lines before prom). It is like a slice of the finest shat that heaven has to offer. It's like the lemon meringue pie of summer. Oh, how tasty.
       This actually has nothing to do with staying up late, but I just thought of this: shortbread cookies are bitchin. For real, like I think if I were to actually have relations with a food, it would be a shortbread cookie. They are just so heavenly in my mouth--they are like the human equivalent of ambrosia and nectar.

3. FIFA (or rather, Cristiano Ronaldo)
     I love the World Cup! Soccer is hands down my favorite sport (too bad I play worse than Barbra Walters) and because I only scored 3 goals in 3 years of playing, I can only get my soccer hit once every 4 years--and now, ladies and gentlemen, that time has come once again. The excitement, the culture shock, the attractive, Latino men (Cristianoooooo) and the shouts of Gol! and Ole! just get me feeling all tingly. I wish I was going to South Africa to watch it, but alas, I am but a broke high school student!
     But anyways, this is the World Cup Anthem for these games http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYfa0__P_pI and I think it's a great embodiment of what I just described above (minus a visual depiction of Cristiano Ronaldo).

4. The Last 4 Weeks of Senior Year
      Do I really have to explain? It's simple algebra. (Everything I Love About School - Everything I Despise About School) = The Last 4 Weeks of Senior Year. It's pure, unadulterated, uninhibited, raucous debauchery. Tra la la!

5. The Word "Bleak"
      It reminds me of Juno for some reason, and is not used enough to be trite, yet is oftentimes the perfect, concise descriptive word--le mot juste, if you will.

Thanks for reading, readers. You guys are da bomb. Da best, da whatever. I'm not a fan when people use "da" as a replacement for "the" unless they are doing it for stylistic purposes or just to be ironic. Sometimes when I talk, I purposefully (but not really) make myself sound like a snobby hipster when in reality I am far from. Considering I don't wear skinny jeans--oh is that to stereotypical? Maybe. It's okay. I am too condescending perhaps. Okay, that's something to consider. But typically nice people don't get so far in life. Let's just think about Donald Trump for a second, okay?

Also I apologize at the general quality of this post, there was little thinking put into this, it was more just a la la la time for me.


Oh, and this is an axototl. It, like Cristiano Ronaldo, is also Latino. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you have to say?